Wednesday 9 February 2011

Just Jared Interview with Ian Somerhalder

Just Jared got an exclusive chance to chat with our favorite guy, Ian Somerhalder, to discuss Damon's new romance on The Vampire Diaries, the IS Foundation (!!), and just how he prepares to play the most awesome of vamps ever.

Check out the brief excerpt below and read the rest of the interview over at Just Jared.
JJ: Let’s talk about your IS Foundation. Has environmental protection always been a passion? Was there a specific experience that influenced your decision to launch it?
IS: Environmental protection was always a big thing for me. I grew up on the marshes of Louisiana; literally my front yard was thousands of acres of marsh. It was all in my dream to be part of an organization that protected the environment, but the Gulf oil spill was ultimately what made me drop the hammer immediately and say that “this is enough”. Watching my entire home be destroyed because of the lack of regulatory commissions for fossil fuels and the amount of back scratching that goes into the petroleum industry - or even any large industry. It changed my life and the lives of a lot people … This also involves cruelty and overpopulation issues with animals, so this is one of the most phenomenally inspiring thing I’ve ever been in involved in. The amount of support for this foundation goes above and beyond. Obviously it’s invariably difficult to raise money in a time of economic depression which we’re about to get into, but it’s so inspiring. Put it this way: a 6-year-old girl sent me an e-mail saying she gave our foundation her tooth fairy money to help save the planet and it blew my mind. She asked what she can do to help and I just thought that this girl is going to be the president one day.
It's been awhile since I posted, and most of you know this, but GADS, I LOVE THIS MAN. That is all. Please go on over to the IS Foundation's page and donate whatever you can. The foundation deserves whatever help we can afford to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment